There is a difference.
People have called me schizo and asked if I have different personalities and doctors have diagnosed me with ADHD. I have BiPolar Disorder 1.
But I thought I should share some symptoms of each to show our commonalities and differences. Along with my cycle of mania and depression I share some traits with my fellow mentally ill (see italics for my symptoms). I’m sure I had more commonalities when I was younger but I was unmedicated.
Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID, formally known as multiple personality disorder)
– 2 or more personalities with their own unique traits, name and characteristics.
– Behavioural – impulsivity, self-destructive behaviour, self harm
– Mood – anxiety, feeling detached from self, mood swings
– Psychological – Altered consciousness, depression, flashbacks
– Also common is amnesia or black outs.
– hallucinations (hearing or seeing things that aren’t there ) and delusions (beliefs in things that aren’t true)
– Social isolation
– Lack of feelings
– Bizarre behaviour
– Too much or too little sleep
- violent outbursts
- Hypersensitivity to touch, smell, taste and sounds.
- Over activity
- Physical restlessness
What do you have? What do people think you have?