Questions for Bullies
1. How do you feel when you are picking on people?
2. Why do you bully others?
3. Have you ever been bullied?
4. How does it feel to be bullied/ how do you think it might feel to be bullied?
5. How do your friends react to your bullying?
6. Would it make a difference if your friends thought it was wrong?
7. How do you think ‘x’ feels when you bully them?
8. How would you feel if ‘x’ ended their life because you bullied them?
9. Would you be able to call yourself a good person if someone killed themselves because of you?
10. Do you think you would make a good role model to your future kids?
11. Are there any good excuses for bullying?
Bullying is never ok. Making someone feel like shit just because, is not ok. There is no excuse for being a bully!
I was bullied all through my school years until one bully pushed me so far that I wanted to end my life. Luckily my parents got wind of it and pulled me out of school. The teachers didn’t care, the school counsellor didn’t care, my friends didn’t care, no one
cared. Maybe they cared but they didn’t stop it.
I asked my bully “why?” and she said “Because I can”.
Because I can is not an excuse to torture someone on a daily basis.
Because I can is not an excuse for the years of psychological damage and ptsd I’ve had from the cruelty of one bitchy girl.
Because I can is not an excuse for making me feel so ugly, dumb, worthless and pathetic (her daily words; the words that still replay in my head 20 years later)
My bully almost won. I cut myself to ease the pain of her words. Her bullying almost killed me.
How many lives have been lost because of a bully? If the answer is more than 1, it is already too many.
We need to talk to the victims. But we need to talk more to the bullies and stop them before they cause permanent damage.
Name and Shame your bullies. Technology has changed since I was a teen so record the torment on your phone and post it online.
Tell a teacher, a counsellor, a parent, a friend.
No one deserves to be bullied!
No one should be made to feel suicidal because of a bully.